It is a protective suit which reduces the body heat loss of a person wearing it in cold water.
- A person can wear it without assistance within 2 minutes.
- One for each person and if Ships forward have a liferaft then 6 pcs in forward.
- Highly visible colour with Light, Whistle, Rescue loop, Retroreflective tape;
- Made from rot-proof material resistant to Sunlight, Seawater, oil and fungal attack;
- A person can jump from a height of 4.5 meters without damaging it;
- Two types, Insulated and non-Insulated;
- Insulated: Max core temp drops 2°c after being in the water for 6 hours in the water of 0-2° c;
- Non-Insulated: Max temp drop 2°c after 1 hour in the water of 5°c.
- Resist to Burn and melt for 2 seconds.
TPA: Thermal Protective Aid;
- Covers the whole body except face;
- Can be worn above life Jacket;
- Waterproof and made up of Low Thermal conductive material – Reduce loss of body heat.
- Can be wear without assistance and be removed in water within 2 min.
- Rescue boat to have 10% of total capacity or 2 number whichever is greater.
- The function between -30 to 20-degree Celsius.